Adelaide Rail Escape (departing Brisbane)
Take a 6 day/5 night escape from Brisbane, and experience the magic of the Indian Pacific with a rail holiday to Adelaide. Visit the famous Barossa wine region, and spend a day exploring the stunning landscapes of Kangaroo Island, internationally celebrated for its pristine wilderness and wildlife.
This morning make your way to Sydney for your afternoon departure from Central Station onboard the Indian Pacific. Settle into your comfortable Gold Service cabin, and enjoy the meals, beverages and facilities available to you.
Overnight: Indian Pacific
This morning you may like to enjoy an off train excursion in Broken Hill. Visit renowned artist Pro Hart’s gallery, learn how he created his masterpieces and see a wide selection of his signature paintings. Or head to the Miner’s Memorial, a unique structure that sits high above Broken Hill offering amazing views of the township. At the end of your tour, return to the Indian Pacific and continue your journey to Adelaide.
Overnight: Stamford Plaza Adelaide, 4 nights
Today is a free day to explore the city of Adelaide. Discover Adelaide's cultural boulevard, North Terrace, and visit the Adelaide Museum or Art Gallery. Or take the tram down to Glenelg, one of Adelaide's most popular seaside suburbs, and wander through the shops on Jetty Road, and enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants on the Marina.
Today you will spend the day immersing yourself in the pristine wilderness and nature of Kangaroo Island, where you will experience the island’s most popular attractions. Highlights include a:
- walk amongst a wild seal lion colony at Seal Bay
- delicious two course lunch
- visit Flinders Chase National Park and its iconic Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch.
It is a full day of touring, but to see this many sights in one day is definitely worth it!
Today travel into South Australia’s premium wine region, the Barossa. Taste award-winning wines and enjoy morning tea at Pindarie Wine Estate. Then it’s on to Provenance Barossa, the original home of Penfold's. Here you will have time to explore the many businesses that make up this fantastic site, and perhaps buy some souvenirs to take home with you.
There will be more wine tastings and a gourmet lunch at Lambert Estate, before finishing the day at Barossa Valley Chocolate Company, where you will enjoy a chocolate and wine pairing.
Today depart Adelaide at a time suitable to you, or you may like to extend your stay and explore Australia’s largest and iconic river, the Murray River.
Terms and Conditions
- Prices are per person based on twin share, travelling on the Indian Pacific in Low season. Shoulder and High season prices available on request.
- Prices are correct at time of printing and valid till 31 March 2024.
- *Buffet breakfast is not included during the following Blackout Dates -
- 23/11/23 – 26/11/23 (Adelaide 500), 30/12/23 – 03/01/24 (New Year’s Eve), 08/03/24 - 11/03/24 (Adelaide Cup & WOMAD), 31/03/24 (Easter Sunday)
- Single Supplement is an additional $370 per single.
- All components are subject to availability and may change at any time.
- A non-refundable deposit of $1500pp is required when booking and the balance is due 70 days prior to departure.
- Any amendments will incur an additional cost, and strict cancellation fees apply – travel insurance is highly recommended for an additional cost. Please read our latest COVID Safe practices and policies.